North Wright Airways permits the shipment of dangerous goods. All dangerous goods are subject to a $50 handling fee and require 24 hours to process before they can be shipped.
North Wright Air will no longer accept UN3480 Lithium Ion Batteries for transport on passenger aircraft. These items must be shipped on cargo-only aircraft.
A shipper must comply fully with the International Air Transport Association(IATA) and Transport Canada Dangerous Goods regulations when offering a consignment of dangerous goods. In addition, shippers must comply with any applicable regulations set forth by the country of origin, transit, and destinations. Before any package of dangerous goods is offered for transportation by air, the shipper must comply with the following specific responsibilities:
- International regulations must be followed to ensure the safety of passengers and crew.
- The shipper must ensure that the articles or substances are not prohibited for transportation by air.
- The articles or substances must be properly identified, classified, packed, marked, labeled, documented, and in the condition for transport in accordance with IATA regulations. Failure to do so will result in a refusal of shipment. The shipper may be charged for any services already rendered.
- Before a consignment of dangerous goods can be offered for transport, all relevant persons involved in its preparation must have received training to enable them to carry out their responsibilities.
It is the shipper’s responsibility to determine if dangerous goods are in their cargo and if so to declare them to the carrier by way of a properly completed IATA Shipper’s Declaration. Not declaring dangerous goods is a serious offense under federal law and is the shipper’s responsibility.
Every person who contravenes or fails to comply with the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act is guilty of:
- An offense punishable on summary conviction and liable to a fine not exceeding fifty thousand dollars for a first offense, and not exceeding one hundred thousand dollars for each subsequent offense; or
- An indictable offense and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years.
For further information on shipping dangerous goods or for information regarding obtaining the services of a dangerous goods consultant please contact North Wright Air Cargo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 867-587-2288.